THE BUFFALO SOLDIERS
10TH (HORSE) CALVARY
THE MIDLAND SOUTH CAROLINA CHAPTER
The Midland South Carolina Chapter was organized October, 2000 at Shaw AFB. Under the direction of Trooper Nathaniel Kennerly with the assistance of Joyce M. Kennerly, Annie L. Bolden, Willie Shirer and ten (10) members we petitioned
the National 9th & 10th Calvary for a chapter in the State of South Carolina. Charter was approved January 31, 2001. We started with ten (10) members and May 2001 we had thirty (30) members. Our first presentaiton was at Felton Elementay School, S.
C. State University.
The Midland South Carolina Chapter of the 9th & 10 Calvary Association operates as an affiliate of the National 9th & 10th (Horse) Calvary Association. Our mission is to perpetuate
the memory of Comrades who have passed on and the history of the many accomplishments of the 9th & 10 Calvary Regiments in the defense of our country.
a non-profit educational, patriotic and military service organization, we adhere to the underlying principles of the 9th & 10th (Horse) Calvary Association, which are as follows:
- Patriotic allegiance to the United States of America.
- Fidelity to the Constitution and laws.
- Promotion of World Peace.
Similarly, we are commited
to these objectives:
- Perpetuate the memory of fallen Comrades. Promote and perpetuate the history, tradition and outstanding
contributions of the 9th & 10th (Horse) Calvary Regiments.
- Render faithful service to fellow service members, the communities in which we live and
- Set examples of selfless patriotism and service worthy of emulation.
- Support junior and senior ROTC programs.
HONORED TO SERVE